segunda-feira, abril 11, 2005

Girl Power

"Dedicated to all the women and men struggling to keep their self-respect in this climate of misogyny, money-worship, and mass production of hip-hop's illegitimate child «Hip-pop», and especially to Gil Scott-Heron, friend, living legend and proto-rapper, who wrote
«The Revolution Will Not Be Televised»

Much respect.

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs,
your revolution will not happen between these thighs

The real revolution ain't about booty size,
the Versaces you buys or the Lexus you drives
and though we've lost Biggie Smalls
your Notorious revolution will never allow you to lace no lyrical douche in my bush

your revolution will not be you killing me softly with Fugees
your revolution won't knock me up without no ring
and produce li'l future MCs
because that revolution will not happen between these thighs

your revolution will not find me in the backseat of Jeep
with LL hard as hell doin' it & doin it & doin' it well
your revolution will not be you smackin' it up, flippin' it, or rubbin' it down
nor will it take you downtown or humpin' around
because that revolution will not happen between these thighs

your revolution will not have me singing ain't no nigger like the one I got
your revolution will no be you sending me for no drip drip VD shot
your revolution will not involve me feeling your rise or helping you fantasize
because that revolution will not happen between these thighs

and no, my Jamaican brother, you revolution
will not make me feel bombastic and really fantastic
have you groping in the dark for that rubber wrapped in plastic
you will not be touching your lips to my triple dip of french vanilla butter pecan chocolate deluxe or having Akinyele's dream, a six-foot blowjob machine you wanna subjugate your queen
think I should put that in my mouth just 'cause you made a few bucks

your revolution will not be me tossing my weave
making believe i'm some caviar-eating, ghetto mafia clown or me givin' up my behind
just so I can get signed 'and maybe have someone else write my rhymes?

I'm Sarah Jones, not Foxy Brown

your revolution makes me wonder,
where could we go if we could drop the empty pursuit of props
and the ego revolt back to our Roots, use a little Common sense on a Quest to make love De La Soul, no pretense...
but your revolution will not be you flexing your little sex and status to express what you feel

Your revolution will not happen between these thighs
Will not happen between these thighs
Will not be you shaking and me *yawn* faking
Between these thighs

Because the real revolution, that's right
I said the real revolution
You know I'm talking about the revolution
When it comes, it's gonna be real
it's gonna be real
it's gonna be real
when it finally comes
when it finally comes
it's gonna be real, yeah yeah"

"Your Revolution" de Sarah Jones

(Dedicado à Tipper Gore)

Sem comentários:

Seguidores

Arquivo do blogue